Healthy eating and avoid the attack of unhealthy snacks
You start a new healthy eating plan, and let me guess. Breakfast is OK (I mean if you’ve trained with me I’ve no doubt given you loads of breakfast recipe ideas) and usually dinner is OK, as long as you’ve prepped and pre-decided on a healthy and nutritious recipe.
The rest of the time, it’s really hard work isn’t it?
One way we can avoid these long periods of not eating a full meal, avoiding the lure of the vending machine and devouring the whole crisps section in the petrol station (because your brain is telling you you’re famished and you can’t possibly survive without it) is to make sure we’ve prepped some great and delicious snack ideas that you can turn to when the cravings hit.
Here are some of my favourite snacks and those of my B-Fit clients:
- Two celery stalks, sliced into strips and dipped in 2 tablespoons of guacamole
- One ounce of goats cheese spread on 1/2 a cup of cucumber slices.
- One hard-boiled organic egg, sliced and sprinkled with himalyan pink salt and pepper (always a good option to always have eggs in your fridge).
- A warm and comforting cup of your favourite soup brightened up with a squeeze of fresh lemon (take it in a flask if you need to).
- Greek yoghurt/ Co-Yo coconut yogurt with nuts and blueberries.
- Unsalted brazil , almonds, hazelnuts (easy…always have some to hand).
- Left overs from the night before.
- Using romaine lettuces or Chinese leaves as your bread replacement for sandwiches eg fill with hummus or feta with pomegranate
- Small sweet potato with tuna/ lemon and peppers
- A green pea protein Smoothie http://bfit.eu.nspshop.com/pea_protein_plus_(465g).htm
- Raw carrot sticks with organic almond butter (or any veg stick you like).
- Mushed avacado and sliced tomato on an organic brown rice cake or piece of toasted rye bread
i could go one and I’m sure you have more ideas.
In fact, sharing is caring and I love to get my clients to share their own favour recipes so do get in touch and let me know what you favourite recipes for snacks are.
Making sure you have these snack ideas in place,
Your preparation in place,
Your plan in place,
Your tracking diary/plan in place…
..and being held accountable is
the best & quickest way to guarantee
and body shape goals…
…and guess who can help with that..?
If you fancy a free one to one session to see how
you will benefit Click here
And we’ll sort out an informal chat soon.