Kale chips are the perfect snack! Super nutritious, easy to make and extremely versatile! You can really experiment with different flavours, for example cooking with coconut oil and 100% cocao powder or cinnamon makes them sweet whilst adding himalayan sea salt, chilli and black pepper gives them a savoury kick.
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil (if cooking savoury chips)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (if cooking sweet chips)
- 1 teaspoon himalayan pink salt
1) Take a baking tray and line with grease proof paper. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
2) Wash the kale thoroughly and dry with paper towels or a salad spinner.
3) Remove the stalk from the kale and chop leaves into bite size ‘crisp’ pieces.
4) Place the kale pieces on a baking tray and sprinkle the oil and salt over the kale.
5) Place in the oven for 15 minutes until the edges of the kale chips are brown but not burnt.