• 1 cup oats
• ½ cup Nature’s Sunshine Synerprotein chocolate, Synerprotein original or pea protein powder
• ¼ cup organic cocoa powder
• 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted and soaked for 30 minutes
• ½ cup + ¼ cup chopped pecans (you will use 1/2 cup and then 1/4 cup at different points in the recipe)
• ½ cup + ¼ cup shredded coconut (you will use 1/2 cup and then 1/4 cup at different points in the recipe)
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• ½ tsp salt
• water as needed (up to ¼ cup)
• 2 tbsp cacao nibs or chocolate chips
1) In a food processor grind up the oats until they are a fine flour. Add the Synerprotein and cocoa powders and blend again until well combined.
2) Drain and rinse the dates then add them to the food processor along with ½ cup of pecans, ½ cup of shredded coconut, vanilla, and salt. Blend again, adding a little water at a time, until a dough forms.
3)Transfer dough to a bowl, stir in the remaining ¼ cup of pecans and coconut along with 2 tbsp cacao nibs or chocolate chips.
4) Scrape dough onto a piece of greaseproof paper or silicone baking mat. Cover with another piece of greaseproof paper and roll the bars out to about ½ inch, shaping into a square as you roll.
5) Place the bars in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours, allowing them to firm up before cutting into 12 equal pieces.
6) Store in refrigerator for 5 days or a month in the freezer.