This is my kind of dish! Easy to make, and packed full of key nutrients, protein, omegas and B-vitamins – all of these will help your body tackle the onslaught of Christmas!
Not only is this recipe delicious, but is it super-easy to make. So go on, have a go!
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 package (9 oz) organic spinach
- ¼ cup organic natural bio yogurt
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 tsp vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 slices of Rye bread- organic
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the washed spinach and cook until wilted.
- Combine the yoghurt and pesto. Stir 1/4 c into the spinach and remove from the heat. Cover to keep the yoghurt warm.
- Heat a medium saucepan containing one inch of water to boil over high heat. Add the vinegar and salt, and reduce the heat to low. Break an egg into a cup and gently tip the egg into the water (you can also use an egg poacher). Repeat with the remaining three eggs.
- Cover and simmer, shaking the pan a couple of times, for 3-5 minutes for a soft-cooked yolk or until the whites are completely set and the yolks begin to thicken.
- Place a slice of toasted rye bread on four warm plates. Spoon 1/4 of the spinach onto each slice. Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon, and drain over paper towels before placing on the spinach.
- Stir 1 tbsp of the poaching liquid into the yoghurt mixture to make it smoother. Spoon evenly over each egg and grind some pepper over the top.