SWEET POTATO CHICKEN CASSEROLE
PREP TIME: 20 min
COOKING TIME: 6 hrs in a slow cooker on low or 3 hours on high- (use an oven proof dish with lid if no slow cooker and cook in oven on 120c for 6 hours or 150c for 3 hours)
4 lbs organic chicken thigh fillets , cut up
5 raw sweet potatoes, julienned
2 peppers- deseeded and chopped
I large onion- chopped
3 cloves of chopped garlic
20 oz can pineapple chunks, in natural own juice
14½ oz organic chicken stock
2 Tbsp cold water
- PLACE cut-up chicken in slow cooker.
- TOP with sweet potatoes, chopped pepper, onion , garlic
- POUR pineapples and juice over potatoes.
- THEN, pour chicken stock all over ingredients.
- COVER and cook on low 6 hours, or on high 3 hours, or until chicken and potatoes are tender but not dry or mushy.
- PLACE chicken and potatoes on a serving dish or platter. Top with sauce.