This delicious sweet treat would be the perfect indulgence this Valentine’s Day.
Thanks to B-Fit client Margot for passing this onto us.
- 2 medium/large sweet potatoes (about 600g)
- 14 medjool dates, pitted
- 80g ground almonds
- 100g buckwheat or brown rice flour
- 4 tbsp of raw cacao powder (if you don’t have this use conventional cocoa powder, but double the quantity)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180c (fan ovens 160c). peel the sweet potatoes. Cut them into chunks and place into a steamer for about 20 minutes, until they become really soft.
2. Once they are perfectly soft and beginning to fall apart, remove them and add them to a food processor with the pitted dates. Blend until a smooth, creamy mix forms. Put the remaining ingredients into a bowl, before mixing in the sweet potato and date combination. Stir well.
3. Place the mix into a lined baking dish and cook for about 20-30 minutes, until you can pierce the brownie cake with a fork and bring out dry. Remove the tray and allow it to cool for about 10 minutes. This is important, as the brownies need this time to stick together.