Time: 40 mins
- 500g organic beef or turkey mince
- 2 red onions
- 4 cloves garlic
- 500ml organic, no added sugar, tomato and basil sauce (I like Waitrose organic tomato passata)
- 3 roasted red peppers
- 1 tbsp coconut oil / butter
- Fresh basil
- 1 small butternut squash
1) Pre-heat the oven to 220ºC. In a frying pan brown the mince and add the onions and garlic.
2) Peel the squash and cut in to thick slices (like sheets of lasagne). In a blender, puree the tomato sauce, red peppers, oil and basil.
3) Using a baking dish, put enough sauce to lightly cover the bottom. Next add the squash, trying not to overlap the pieces and then spoon on the mince mixture, followed by the sauce. Repeat until all your ingredients are used up. Reserve enough sauce to cover the top of the lasagne.
4) Bake for 45 minutes. Leave to stand for 15mins as this will solidify the lasagne. Serve with a green salad