My top 3 tips on how to eat healthily when you have hardly any time/have a busy life and don’t like cooking (like me !!)
1) Plan ahead/ get organised
Go to bed 30 mins to an hour earlier and get up an 30 mins to an hour earlier to plan your food.
Make a great breakfast, chuck your lunch into a tupperware box eg- spinach salad, tomato, an avocado, beetroot , piece of fish – eg mackerel; chuck on a tin of tuna or salmon fillet (cook extra piece the night before) or boiled eggs, or dollop of houmous then add a glug of hemp oil.
See.. here’s a typical quick mackerel salad of mine.
2) Make time to batch cook occasionally – easy B-Fit style recipes eg healthy soups, curries, casseroles , veggie chilli etc at the weekends/ day off and freeze them in foil containers so you can just take one out the freezer the night before when you are pushed for time in the week. I try to involve the kids in the cooking – it’s a great way of getting them interested in healthy eating!
3) Do B-Fit style quick healthy minimal effort meals in the week when pushed for time.
Heres a few of my favourite under 15 minute healthy meals that I frequently use when pushed for time in the week:
- Vegetable omelette or frittata- and green salad
- salmon parcels (wrap salmon in a tin foil – oven bake for 10 – 15 mins on 180c) with a salad or lightly steamed veg and sweet potato (chop potato into chunks and steam for 10 mins)
- poached eggs on rye bred with spinach leaves, avocado, steamed or griddled asparagus and tomatoes
- homemade pesto pasta with brown rice pasta and a green salad
Any clients who sign up for a B-Fit package will benefit from receiving my bumper B-Fit B-Fabulous 7 Step Plan handbook which is bursting with healthy, quick and nutritious recipes!
Get in touch email@example.com or call/text 07748 298728