Time to crack those cravings
You’ve eaten healthily all day, done some exercise, finished your evening meal and you sit down in the evening in front of the TV for a well-earned rest. Then you hear it, the racket coming from the kitchen.
The fridge is calling…. cheese, cheese, cheese.
The biscuit barrel is shouting oi chocolate biscuits are in here…
The kids’ chocolate tin has got a big floodlight over the top of it, …here, I’m here, in here. You are sure that the wine in the other room is nearly at its sell by and needs finishing up.
You have a CRAVING for something that you know you really shouldn’t have.
- Clean your teeth
- Do some exercise – climb the stairs 10 x. Anything that raises your pulse will squash your appetite
- Do something else in another room – don’t just watch the tv. Ring a friend, play a game with the your kids, the dog , read a book…
- Have a large glass of water. Or a nice cup of organic herbal tea. I love chamomile or peppermint tea as it cleanses the palette and gets rid of the munchies
- Have a bath
- Go for a walk
- Read a really good book
- Go to bed
- Write a grateful list- list everything that is amazing in your life that you are truly greateful for- eg your wonderful family, your healthy body etc!
- Take 5 minutes to take a photo of yourself in your least flattering clothes – then you can use that every time the cravings hit!