This nutritious warming soup is perfect for these long, dark winter days.
It is filling, full of flavour and packed full of nutrients and contains a whopping 50% of your daily recommended fibre intake! Go on, give it a go!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 cups (680g) chopped tomatoes
- 6 cups (900g) tinned cannelini beans
- 5 cups (1.25L) stock
- 1/2 tsp (3g) Himalayan Salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup (75g) brown rice pasta
- 1/4 cup (9g) fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- Steam fry the onions, celery, and garlic until tender. Do this in a few spoons of water((preferably filtered water)
- in a large pan.
- Once it is all tender, add the chopped tomatoes and warm over a medium to low heat, breaking up the tomatoes so that breaks down in nice small chunks. Cook this all together for about fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Add the cannelini beans, water, salt, pepper and cook over a medium-low heat for another twenty minutes.
- Add the pasta and cook for another ten minutes until it is al dente.
- Once the soup has cooled a little bit, add the basil leaves.
alkaline soup recipe, Healthy eating, Healthy eating for weight loss, Hearty tuscan bean soup, Nutrition, recipes