This delicious and healthy recipe is full of flavour and an amazing alternative to a greasy takeaway! Serve with stir fried veggies (stir fried in coconut oil) or a small portion of wild brown rice.
It only takes 15 minutes! Quick, healthy and tasty!
- 2 trout fillets, each weighing about 140g/5oz
- a small knob of fresh root ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 1 small red chilli (not bird’s eye), seeded and finely chopped
- grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 3 baby pak choi, each quartered lengthways
- 2 tbsp organic tamari sauce
- Nestle the fish fillets side by side on a large square of foil and scatter the ginger, garlic, CHILLI and lime zest over them. Drizzle the lime juice on top and then scatter the pieces of pak choi around and on top of the fish. Pour the tamari over the pak choi and loosely seal the foil to make a package, making sure you leave space at the top for the steam to circulate as the fish cooks.
- Steam for 15 minutes. (If you haven’t got a steamer, put the parcel on a heatproof plate over a pan of gently simmering water, cover with a lid and steam.)