I hope not!
I won’t be, I’ve worked too hard to let it all go “just because” it’s Christmas and that time of year when over-indulgence seems mandatory.
Let me tell you, it doesn’t have to be! And I’ve got some belly busting tips that are easy to follow, easy to stick to and will ensure you don’t pile on the pounds and feel horrible this winter.
Last year I made this video about beating the buffet bulge. Click the image to watch it, or if like me, you’re probably reading this in bed late at night when you should be asleep but there’s a thousand things whizzing through your mind, the tips are written below:
A few of my party proof tips to help you get through Christmas feeling fantastic
1) Look after your liver!
One of the most important organs in your body. Your liver helps to get rid of toxins and as you will know if you’ve trained with me, where do toxins get stored? In fat! One party proof product I can’t live without at this time of year is Nature’s Sunshine Liver Health Formula. Give your liver a little extra TLC this season as we bombard our livers with toxins from alcohol, additives and other nasties we’re more likely to consume during the party season.
2) Drink lots of water
This is such an easy tip and it’s free! Help flush out those toxins with a little help from our friend H2O.
3) Eat fibrous vegetables
You know by now that you should be eating a rainbow of eight different fruits and veggies each day. Fibrous vegetables will ensure that you get adequate nutrients, they will reduce your bloat and keep you fuller for longer. I always recommend a large colourful side salad with meals.
How to eat in restaurants
Lots of people ask me how to eat healthily when you go out for meals.
1) Do your research. Look at the menu online and pick out the foods that will keep you on track before you get there.
2) Don’t be scared to ask for what you want. Swap new potatoes, chips and jacket for sweet potatoes. Ask for a side salad or steamed vegetables.
3) Avoid the bread and breadsticks! If you get offered them just say no! It’s easier to avoid if they’re not already there on the table.
Avoid the buffet bulge
1) Eat before you go! Then you’re not going to be tempted to pile your plate hight with rubbish.
2) Do the walk! Before you even get a plate, walk up and down the buffet and have a look at what is on offer.
3) Choose a small plate. Get one from the dessert section and choose the fish, the meat, the salads and the fresh fruit and vegetables. Avoid the pastries, pastas and the pizza! Processed carbs will make you feel sluggish and bloated.