Kale chips are an absolute delight! I do buy them from health food shops but they can work out quite expensive. It’s much better to make your own. PLUS you can experiment with different flavours, for example cooking with coconut oil makes them sweet whilst adding himalayan sea salt, chilli and black pepper gives them a savoury kick.
Basic Kale Chips Recipe
1 bunch kale
1 teaspoon avocado oil (if cooking savoury chips)
1 teaspoon coconut oil (if cooking sweet chips)
1 teaspoon himalayan pink salt
1) Take a baking tray and line with grease proof paper. Preheat oven to 175 degrees.
2) Wash the kale thoroughly and dry with paper towels or a salad spinner
3) Remove touch stalk from the kale and chop leaves into bite size ‘crisp’ pieces.
4) Place kale pieces on a baking tray and sprinkle oil and salt over the kale.
5) Place in the oven for 15 minutes until the edges of the kale chips are brown but not burnt.