Fancy having 16 mini cheesecakes to hand when you need a sweet healthy treat? If yes, you’re in the right place because these little cheesecakes are vegan, raw, gluten-free, wholesome and utterly decadent !!!
They can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months so you can simply dip in and out as and when a sweet craving hits you.
For the base, you can use any nut you like. It doesn’t have to be almonds and if you want a nut-free version you can also use sunflower or pumpkin seeds.
Some people think it’s a bit weird using avocadoes in desserts but trust me it works! It tastes so good.
As for equipment, you’ll need a small blender, a food processor and silicon cases 1 inch in diameter.
If you want to switch the flavour up a bit you could use mint instead of the lime for a mint chocolate avocado cheesecake. Simply replace the lime with a splash of water and a few drops of peppermint oil or 1 tsp of peppermint extract.
In terms of the sweetener, you can also use alternatives to maple syrup such as date syrup, coconut nectar or any other similar sweetener.
- ½ cup/50g almonds
- ½ cup/90g pitted dates
- ¼ cup/25g desiccated coconut (unsweetened)
- 1/3 cup/5g cacao/cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
Lime avocado filling:
- 2 large avocados
- 3 large limes
- 2 tbsp coconut butter, coconut oil or cacao butter
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup (according to how sweet you want them)
- 2-4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp grated lime zest
- Blend all the base ingredients until they stick together when pressed
- Juice the limes
- Place the lime juice, avocado flesh, syrup, melted butter, water in a blender
- Blend until smooth
- Spoon the base mixture into your cases, push firmly with your fingers
- Dollop on the avocado lime frosting
- Top with the cacao nibs and lime zest
- Place in the freezer to set
- Enjoy out of the freezer after 2 hours
- If you freeze for longer just take out half an hour before enjoying
Health to enjoy!