The beautiful vegetable asparagus is well in season at the moment and we are blessed in Merseyside to he home of arguably the best variety in the world.
This tasty tuna, asparagus and white bean salad can be prepared in a large batch and prepped for lunches days in advance. It is very healthy, delicious and nutritious. Just make sure you use Formby asparagus… you won’t be disappointed!
- 1 large bunch asparagus
- 2 x 200g cans yellowfin tuna steaks in water, drained
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans in water, drained
- 1 red onion, very finely chopped
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp olive oil or hemp oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp tarragon, finely chopped
- Cook the asparagus in a large pan of boiling water for 4-5 mins until tender. Drain well, cool under running water, then cut into finger-length pieces. Toss together the tuna, beans, onion, capers and asparagus in a large serving bowl.
- Mix the oil, vinegar and tarragon together, then pour over the salad. Chill until ready to serve.