- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 9 oz/ 250g mixed, diced, cooked vegetables of your choice
- 1 cup cavolo nero or spring cabbage, shredded
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 4 oz/ 125g soft goats’ cheese, crumbled
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a 9 in/23cm frying pan and cook the onion on a low heat for about 5 minutes until soft. Add the garlic, stir, then add the cooked vegetables and cabbage. Cook for a further 2 mins.
- Season the beaten eggs with a twist of black pepper and a little salt, tip the eggs into the cooked vegetables in the frying pan and stir. Add the parsley and stir well.
- Turn the heat down to low and cook until the sides and center of the omlette is barely set. Turn the frittata onto a large plate, then transfer back to the frying pan uncooked side down.
- Sprinkle the goats cheese over and cook for a further 5 minutes (alternatively transfer the frittata to the grill and cook for 10 minutes) or until the frittata is golden and firm.
- Remove from the heat, and leave to cool slightly. Cut into wedges and serve with a green salad.