This recipe is super alkaline and perfect for keeping an acidic body at bay.
Green Vitality Soup – Serves 4
Try this green veggie soup- it’s a super food medley of goodness in a bowl. It has an array of benefits , tastes great and is quick and simple to make! If I can make it – anyone can!
– The celery reduces acidity which is good for arthritis, gout,and general stomach acidity
– It is a natural diuretic, which helps to reduce fluid retention as well as balancing your blood ph levels
– Once you add the onion, broccolli, courgette, garlic, green beans, peas, asparagus and spinach,you create just about the ultimate, vitality soup which will fuel your body’s cells and flush out the waste
Ingredients (Use Organic veg where possible).
- 60ml or 2 fl oz avocado oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 1 courgette, chopped,
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 2 .5 pints or 1.5 litres of veg stock
- 150 g(5.5 oz) green beans, trimmed , chopped
- 150 g green peas
- 150g asparagus-trimmed , cut into 1 cm pieces
- 85 g(3 oz) baby spinach leaves, torn into pieces
- why not add more ingredients and freeze any leftovers.
- Heat oil in a large sauce pan. Cook/add onion, garlic, and celery until lightly browned.Add courgette and broccoli and cook for 5 mins.
- Pour in stock and bring to boil. Simmer for 5 mins then add green beans, peas , asparagus and spinach. Continue to simmer for 5 mins or until vegetables are tender.
- Season with cracked black pepper.
- Total time required 25 mins ; Preparation time: 10 mins