Bring some warmth into a cool, crisp salad. This salad is delicious, tasty and packed with vital micronutrients, healthy oils and (most importantly) loads of flavour!
- 1 large red pepper, quartered and deseeded
- Zest and juice ½ small lemon
- Pinch smoked paprika (we used sweet smoked paprika)
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 100g bag young leaf spinach
- 2 x 140g (2 x 5oz) skinless salmon fillets
- 400g can chickpeas
- Heat the grill. Squash the pepper quarters flat and grill for 5 mins or until well blackened. Leave the grill on, then transfer the peppers to a bowl, cover with cling film and leave to cool slightly before peeling off the skins and cutting the flesh into strips.
- Make the dressing by whisking together the lemon zest, juice, smoked paprika, olive oil and seasoning. Toss half the dressing with the spinach leaves and divide between 2 bowls.
- Season the salmon and grill for 5 mins or until just cooked through. Meanwhile, heat the chickpeas in their canning liquid in a saucepan for 3-4 mins. Drain well, then mix with the remaining dressing and strips of pepper. Spoon over the spinach and top with the salmon to serve.