This was a recipe from my daughter’s birthday cookery party several years ago . A large group of her friends made a three course meal for themselves . This was one of the recipes and is now a family favourite and one my daughters like to cook ! You can also easily add to it by adding chicken pieces or tuna, cherry tomatoes , asparagus , peas , toasted pine nuts etc .
- 250 g brown rice pasta (wheat free)
For Pesto sauce
- approx 200 ml hemp oil , or olive oil (can add a bit more if sauce is too thick)
- 100 g fresh basil
- 3 cloves of raw fresh garlic
- ½ large onion
- 20 g walnuts
- 75 -100g spinach
You will need a food processor or hand blender
- Put pasta in pan of water and boil for 10 mins/ as per packet instructions
- Whilst pasta is cooking peel and chop onion into large chunks and peel garlic cloves .
- Put the garlic and onion into a blender/ food processor with all other sauce ingredients and mix until you have a smooth green paste
- Once the pasta is cooked – drain the pasta
- Mix the pasta into the green pesto sauce and serve with a green salad
When serving, you can also add/ mix in cooked chicken or tuna , cherry tomatoes, peas, steamed asparagus, green beans, toasted pine nuts and a bit of feta.