This alkaline, scrummy dessert is rich in omega 3, fibre, alkaline minerals, vitamins and antioxidants.
Strictly speaking, there are a couple of non-alkaline ingredients in there, but they are outweighed by the alkaline ones.
Give it a go. It’s a sure hit.
- 1 cup of organic coconut milk
- ¼ cup of chia seeds
- 1 date
- 1 cup of coconut yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon of ground flax seeds or flax meal
- 1 tsp of sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 topping choices – 1 handful of blueberries OR 1 handful of mixed nuts (almonds, macadamia, pistachios, brazil nuts) with 1 tsp of ground cinnamon OR 1 chopped fig
- Sweeten the coconut milk by blending with the date
- Combine the coconut milk with the chia seeds, vanilla, flax and sesame seeds
- Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes until the chia has expanded
- To serve, fill a small glass with a layer of coconut yoghurt, followed by the chia mix, then a little extra coconut yoghurt
- Sprinkle with your topping of choice
A variation would be to mix 2 teaspoons of raw cacao powder in with the chia or with the coconut milk to make it a chocolate chia cream pot!