A friend of mine has been telling me about a little healthy eaterie in Liverpool where they roast a whole head of cauliflower and serve with dips as an appetiser. What a great idea!
Talking of cauliflower, roast cauliflower is delicious. You don’t necessarily need to boil or steam this versatile vegetable and this recipe is easy, quick, tasty and healthy.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5cm piece ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp garam masala
- 300g brown wholegrain basmati rice
- 700ml hot organic vegetable stock
- 3 curry leaves
- 250g cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 tbsp medium curry powder
- handful coriander, chopped
- 100g toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 150ml pot organic natural yogurt, to serve
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large pan, add the onion and cook for 5 mins until golden. Add the garlic, ginger, garam masala and rice, and cook for a few more mins. Add the stock and curry leaves, and season. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 40 mins.
- Toss the cauliflower in the curry powder and remaining oil, season and put on a baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 40 mins until tender.
- Remove the rice pan from the heat and leave for 5 mins, then gently stir through the roasted cauliflower, coriander and toasted hazelnuts. Serve with natural yogurt.
to claim your FREE session or Call Gaynor on 07748 298 728
WANT FREE WEEKLY HEALTH,NUTRITION & WEIGHT LOSS TIPS?
Just pop your details in the box below