What’s better than a hearty bowl of vegetable soup to welcome in the Autumn and Winter months?
Especially a good ole minestrone jam packed with kidney beans and veggies like kale and courgette to butternut squash and potatoes.
Load up a bowl with this nutrient rich, veggie dense stew, and you’ll be super powered up to fight off any colds and flus lurking around.
It’s a very hearty and filling recipe. And to be honest, it’s more of a stew than a soup.
Eitherway, I know you’ll love it.
- 2 medium carrots diced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2½ cups diced potatoes
- 2½ cups diced butternut squash
- 1 courgette chopped
- 14.5 oz tin diced tomatoes
- 2½ tsp fresh rosemary or oregano chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- 2½ tsp fresh thyme chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt & black pepper
- 2/3 cups dry buckwheat or brown rice pasta
- 2 cups kale chopped
- 14.5 oz tin red or white kidney beans drained/rinsed
- Shredded parmesan cheese to garnish (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat
- Add onions and carrots, saute 3 mins
- Add garlic, saute 1 min
- Add stock, potatoes, squash, courgette, tomatoes, rosemary, thyme, bay leaves
- Season with salt and pepper
- Bring to the boil
- Stir in the pasta
- Cover, reduce heat to medium low
- Simmer until veggies nearly tender (approx 15 mins)
- Stir in kale and kidney beans
- Cook until kale is tender (approx 5 mins)
- Remove bay leaves
- Serve warm with parmesan cheese