Ever get the mid-morning or mid-afternoon hunger pangs? Or a need for something sweetish? I think we all do from time to time.
These bites will hit the spot. I promise. Not only that they’re still healthy, super easy and quick to make and are gluten/wheat free, lactose/dairy free and suitable for vegetarians and vegans. This recipe makes 16 bites.
Lastly, feel free to experiment with different types of nut butters e.g. macadamia, cashew etc just make sure it’s a healthy one with no palm oil, hidden sugars or other nasties in there!
- 200g almond butter
- 25g coconut flour
- 3 tbsp coconut Sugar + 3 tbsp water
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 100g vegan dark chocolate melted
- Add the almond butter, flour, sugar, water, extract to a food processor, blend
- Scoop out small bite-sized pieces
- Compress and mould into balls
- Place on a tray lined with parchment paper
- Place in the fridge for 1 hour
- Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate in a bowl
- Remove the balls from the fridge
- Roll them each in the chocolate, place back on the parchment
- Refrigerate for at least an hour, until the chocolate has solidified
- If you’ve any chocolate left over, pour this over the balls before refrigerating
- Remove from the fridge half an hour before eating