I love my oats. It’s such a simple way to start the day in a filling, warming, and energising way.
This oats recipe serves 2, and with a few simple tweaks, you can make it a lot more alkalizing than the traditional more acidic version, yet keeping it just as delicious and satisfying.
- Oats and water
- 1 dessert spoon chia seeds per person
- 1 dessert spoon coconut oil per person
- 1-2 splashes of nut milk of your choice
- 1 heaped tablespoon coconut/non-dairy yoghurt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Handful of mixed nuts/seeds and mixed berries
- Cook your usual portion size of oats in water, not milk
- Bring to simmer and add chia seeds
- Cook until it’s a touch too dry
- Stir in enough nut milk to your ideal consistency
- Remove from the heat
- Stir in coconut oil, cinnamon and non-dairy yoghurt
- Serve topped with nuts/seeds and berries
This quick recipe is a life saver on a busy morning when your trying to get yourself, and all the family out the door.
Give it try, and let me know how you get on.