A few years ago I sadly lost my beautiful, courageous and strong friend Kate Hamilton to breast cancer. Cancer effects many many people which is why myself, my 2 daughters, some B-Fit clients plus their friends and daughters did a very muddy Race for Life 5K obstacle course in Birkenhead Park to raise money for Cancer Research UK. We’ve raised over £500 which I’m thrilled about.
You can read all about the charity event HERE and of course, I’d be delighted if you could make a donation no matter the amount using this link. It all adds up and every penny makes a huge difference.
It’s a shocking statistic but 1 in 2 people will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime. With that in mind, I wanted to share some key tips to help beat cancer. Now whilst I’m not a doctor, I have dedicated the last decade to researching ways in which health can be drastically improved via our nutrition and lifestyle.
Anyone who has done one of my B-fit courses will know that I’m a huge fan of alkaline eating and have incorporated it into my 7 Step B-Fit B-Fabulous Plan. I’m so passionate about helping my clients become alkaline due to the huge array of health benefits. Making our bodies alkaline is one of the most important things we can do to help prevent disease. You see disease thrives in an acidic environment – everything from cancer, high blood pressure, arthritis, digestive problems to skin problems. Going alkaline is also great for weight loss as when the body is acidic it stores fat.
The 1931 Nobel Prize winner Dr. Otto Warburg proved that cancer cells cannot survive where there are high levels of oxygen. Alkalinity helps to increase the body’s oxygen level, which is why alkaline foods can be helpful in fighting cancer. When the blood is alkalized, it is able to contain more oxygen, absorbing up to 100 times more oxygen than a body with a high acid content.
Alkaline Foods Decrease Toxicity
In the book “Hidden Truth of Cancer” by Dr. Keiichi Morishita, head of the International Natural Medicine Association, he speaks about how oxygen levels in cells decrease in the presence of too much acid. This creates a toxic environment, which can create mutations in the cells, potentially leading to cancer. With a greater degree of alkalinity in the body, these toxins decrease.
Here’s 10 top tips to make you more alkaline for optimum health, and to help prevent diseases such as cancer from thriving:
- Add ½ tsp bicarb of soda and 2 tsp organic freshly squeezed lemon to a large glass of water. Drink first thing in the morning.
- Eat fresh grapefruit every morning before breakfast
- Eat 80% alkaline foods e.g. leafy greens, plant protein, and seeds. Eat 20% acidic foods e.g. natural sugars, processed food, wheat, alcohol, all animal produce, and dairy
- Eat 70 – 80% raw foods e.g. salads, fruit, and seeds
- Drink lots of filtered water and add LIQUID CHLOROPHYLL to help oxygenate the body, make it more alkaline and gently help cleanse out toxins
- Drink organic green tea as it’s packed with antioxidants to protect cells and also helps flush out excess toxins
- Reduce toxins from processed foods, artificial additives, sweeteners, diet products, and use natural toiletries
- Detox 3 -4 times a year with my B-FIT B-FABULOUS 21 DAY WEIGHT LOSS PLAN. This 21-day plan is designed to cleanse and nourish the liver and help rid the body of damaging toxins that make us more acidic and more prone to storing fat around our tummy
- Increase good quality omega oils/essential fats to help protect cells from damage e.g. hemp oil, avocados, oily fish, and sunflower seeds. I’m also a huge fan of NATURES SUNSHINE SUPER OMEGA 3
- Increase exercise and ensure you try to get your heart rate up over the norm for 20 – 30 mins a day to help increase circulation and flush excess toxins out of the body. If you’re not sure where to start, why not try a free B-Fit Group PT Session this Thursday 5th July at 7 pm in St Stephen’s church hall, Hightown? Simply text/call 07748298728 to book.
If you, or someone you know, would benefit from improving their nutrition and fitness and would like to chat in confidence please contact me on 07748298728 or email GAYNOR@B-FIT.UK.COM
I’d love to help.