Kale crisps are all the rage and a great healthy snack.
The idea is super simple … cover the kale in your seasoning of choice and dehydrate. If you don’t have a dehydrator, you can oven bake your kale at a low temperature until light and crisp.
You can also experiment with different flavours. For example, cooking with coconut oil and 100% cocao powder or cinnamon makes the chips sweet while adding Himalayan sea salt, chilli and black pepper gives them a savoury kick.
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil (for savoury chips)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (for sweet chips)
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- Take a baking tray and line with grease proof paper
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees
- Wash the kale, dry with paper towels or a salad spinner
- Remove the stalk from the kale
- Chop the leaves into bite size ‘crisp’ pieces
- Place the kale evenly on a baking tray
- Sprinkle over the oil and salt
- Place in the oven for 15 mins until the edges are brown not burnt
P.S. Remember to choose organic produce whenever possible