Looking for a guilt free sweet treat this autumn? These coconut lime energy bites are perfect for a post workout treat, keep for the kids or a little snack to enjoy whilst relaxing in front of a film. Super easy to make and great for grab and go situations.
They are bursting with flavour and have all the taste of key lime pie without firstly all the hard work in making a pie and all the added nasties.
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1 1/2 cups pitted Medjool dates
- Zest of 3 limes
- Juice of 3 limes
- Pinch of himalayan sea salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened organic coconut flakes
- Place the almonds and cashews into a blender or food processor and pulse to finely chop. Add the dates, salt, lime zest and juice and blend until the mixture starts to clump together.
- Transfer to a bowl and scrape down the sides with a spatula. Use your hands to form small round balls, rolling in your palm. Roll each ball in the coconut flakes to coat. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Servings: 12 balls