December is the height of the festive season. Our diaries are crammed with late night parties/dinners and early morning starts.
Most of us eat more than usual at Christmas. This, coupled with the fact that we also do little or no exercise, can cause potential weight gain.
An interesting little fact for you … but did you know the average weight gain over the festive period is 5 lbs?! Shocking huh?
Between this and the colder weather, it can leave you feeling a little worse for wear BUT this B-Fit survival guide will help you keep your sparkle and fabulousness!
- Keep extra active before and during Christmas to burn off the extra eaten calories e.g. nice walks, bike rides, skip, dance, hula hoop, musical chairs etc
- Never go to a party hungry, ideally eat before you go
- Practice mindful, slow eating and believe me you’ll eat less
- Avoid pastry/breaded canapes. Go raw, marinated and/or grilled
- Drink as much water as alcohol, alternate between them
- Master the art of making a drink last the evening. Also, you could offer to drive and stay off the alcohol altogether. Remember 1 bottle of wine = 9 donuts
- Don’t buy unhealthy food to begin with
- Play active family games like Twister, you’ll burn more kcals than sitting around munching
- Keep starters healthy e.g. rolled smoked salmon with dill & lemon juice or my signature RYE BREAD CANAPES
- Eat plenty of skinless turkey, its low in fat and protein rich
- Fill up on vegetables preferably not drenched in fat
- Have fewer roasties and replace with new potatoes
- Opt for my healthy CRANBERRY SAUCE recipe instead of bread sauce
- Choose brandy custard instead of brandy butter
- Try my healthy CHRISTMAS GRAVY recipe
- Lastly, hint to friends and family that you’d like to improve your health and fitness in 2018 and a B-Fit gift voucher would be perfect instead of perfume, slippers or chocolate! Simply put them in touch with me on 07748298728 and I’ll take care of it
- In case you missed it, and for additional Christmas survival tips make sure you check out my blog BEAT
- THE CHRISTMAS BULGE
The bottom line is there’s lots you can do. It’s only 3 days after all.
Do not let it ruin a year’s worth of hard work.
Love Gaynor x