You know I’m a huge advocate of alkaline eating. This salad hits that spot, plus it’s nutrient dense and the mediterranean flavours are yummy too.
Red peppers, spinach, and courgettes are highly alkalising and are also jam-packed with vitamin C, A, manganese, folate, and potassium.
If you want to make the dish a bit more filling you can add some sweet potatoes, brown basmati rice or baby new potatoes.
Also another little pro tip for you …
If you’ve over indulged and/or had some naughty foods have a serving of LIQUID CHLOROPHYLL 15 mins before you eat. This will help flush out unwanted toxins that hold onto fat.
- 1 red pepper
- 450 g courgettes
- 300 g fresh baby spinach
- 350 g carrots
- 150 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Himalayan salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- De-seed and slice the pepper
- Cut the courgettes into thick batons
- Wash/dry the spinach, place in a shallow serving dish
- Peel the carrots and cut into slices
- Place the olive oil into an oven proof dish over low heat
- Add the carrots, peppers and season with salt and pepper
- Cover the casserole dish
- Cook for 30 mins until vegetables are tender
- Add the courgettes, cook for another 10 mins
- To serve add the veggies + juices over the spinach leaves
Tuck in and enjoy!